Friday, January 23, 2015

Wings on Fire: 1st X-Wing Racing Championship

So, it has been a couple months since I last posted an X-Wing battle report. I did play some X-Wing but mostly trial games for the Racing Championship I wanted to organize with some friends of my gaming club.

Many years ago, I used to play a classic game called Car Wars. The game was great fun and one of my favorites (although its rules were complex and cumbersome). It's a game that I would find it difficult to play now, though apparently Steve Jackson Games is preparing a new version, I hope modernized and shorter to play.

Anyway, while checking FFGs forums I read a post from one DagobahDave (Dave Graffam) about running racing scenarios with the X-Wing rules. It dawned on me that X-Wing would probably bring a similar experience that I had back in the day with Car Wars! It would also have the advantage of trying the game with more players, something my friend Beni and I had wanted to do for a long time, so we immediately put ourselves to the task. We ran a series of trial scenarios with several interested friends and I designed 4 circuits to try for our 1st X-Wing Racing Championship:

1. Minefield
2. Pac-Wing
3. Shooting Range
4. Wormhole

For the 1st Championship, which we thought of also as a trial, we have randomly selected 3 of these circuits to race following this order:
1. Pac-Wing
2. Wormhole
3. Minefield

So, without further ado, let's race!

No comments:

Post a Comment